National Spouses Day, which is an unofficial holiday, is marked annually on Jan. 26. This day gives couples a chance to celebrate their partner and show their better halves they are indeed appreciated.
Though this day was meant initially for married couples, it can also be celebrated by people who are in committed relationships. Express your love for your partner and show gratitude for their immense support and contribution in your life.
Here are some quotes, courtesy Goodreads, to share with your spouse today:
1. “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.” – Fawn Weaver
2. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda
3. “That’s what a good wife does, keeps your dreams alive even when you don’t believe anymore” – Micheal J. Sullivan
4. “The virtues of your partner completes the goodness in you.” — Christian Hunt
5. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mingon McLaughlin
6. “When we got married I told my wife ‘If you leave me, I’m going with you.’ And she never did.” -James Fineous McBride
7. “Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
8. “Marriage is the beginning of love for your spouse, not the result of it.” – Shannon L. Alder
9. “Real relationships are the product of time spent, which is why so many of us have so few of them.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
10. “It’s hard to say which I like more: the perfectly happy days or the hours right after we’ve ended a good fight.” — Crystal Woods
Credit: Source link