International Fetish Day is a global event observed every year on the third Friday of January to increase awareness about fetishism.
Fetishism is a condition that involves having an erotic attachment to an inanimate object or an asexual part of the human body. It is also defined as a mental condition that requires a nongenital object to achieve sexual gratification.
International Fetish Day is observed to promote all forms of sexual fetishes and kinks.
Fetish and kink, even though similar, are two different conditions, according to sex therapists. A person has a fetish for something when that particular thing is a must to achieve sexual arousal, while kink is something that gives extra erotic energy to a sexual encounter.
Most common fetishes include BDSM (bondage/discipline, dominance/submission, and sadism/masochism) or specific objects like footwear or stockings, or non-genital body parts like feet or armpits.
Here are some quotes that will help you understand the condition (Courtesy: Brainy Quote, A-Z Quotes):
- “Fetish is the exploration of sex as art, and the refinement of one’s personal desires. Anything can be fetishised…There’ll be new fetishes forever. I feel that the 21st century is all about fetish.” – Rick Castro
- “Some people are into bondage… and some people are into crossdressing.. And some people are into Coldplay. It’s okay, I don’t mind being a fetish.” – Chris Martin
- “I like feet. I definitely have a fetish. I love to see a man’s bare foot, but its got to be taken care of. If they’re not well manicured, you’ve got to wonder what the rest of him is like. I don’t want to get in bed with somebody and feel his gnarly feet.” – Brooke Burke
- Impotence, fetishism, bisexuality and bondage are all facts of life, and our fiction should reflect that.” – Rick Moody
- “I have a pirate fetish-I just always thought eye patches were sexy. If you want to get my attention, wear a pirate outfit.” – Michelle Branch
- “I went and hung out at a foot fetish party, and I knew that was a very popular fetish to have, but I didn’t realize how amazing it would be to have it.” – Nikki Glaser
Credit: Source link